Are you thinking of becoming a member, but aren’t 100% sure? The benefits start even before you become a member! You can come out with us for one walk to experience one of our walks in advance of signing up as a member – check out our list of upcoming walks and sign-up!
The Cork Backpackers Hillwalking Club is a not-for-profit organization, so any monies remaining are used to cover the running costs of the Club.
Cork Backpackers: Membership Benefits
As a member of Cork Backpackers you can access a range of benefits, including:
- A choice of hill walks every second Sunday
- Access to Bank Holiday weekends away in some of Ireland’s most beautiful areas
- Various social events throughout the year e.g. Christmas party, summer barbeque, pub nights, theatre nights and outdoors-focused film nights
- The chance to make new friends from different backgrounds.
- Learning opportunities
- A very successful Navigation Course was recently run.
- A Wilderness-focused First Aid course was run in conjunction with Mountaineering Ireland.
Our Club is affiliated with Mountaineering Ireland which confers a number of benefits:
- Discounts with leading outdoor shops across Ireland and accommodation providers
- Civil Liability and Limited Personal Accident cover insurance policy
- A personalised membership card
- Access to training schemes and also awards for hill walkers and climbers
- Access to Mountaineering Ireland Training Grant schemes
- A channel for your access, environmental and other concerns
- Spring and Autumn Gatherings that include member forums
- Access to the vast Mountaineering Ireland Library Collection
- Expedition grants and in addition practical advice
- Skills and environmental workshops
If you want to get fit, make new friends and enjoy exhilarating hillwalks in stunning locations then sign up for our next hillwalk. Check out our upcoming walks here.
You can join via the link below:Membership Application